Thanksgiving is officially over, although we do hope that you will still give thanks every day for what you have. The meal is eaten, the family and friends have traveled back home full and with new stories, and now it is time to plan for the rest of the holiday season.
For many Americans, shopping is the first thing that comes to mind after Thanksgiving. Stores offer great deals on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. They are trying to get you into their stores so that it helps their sales as well as the economy. Families and friends show up early Friday morning, or some even pitch a tent so that they are the first in line at some stores. Shoppers want to be the one to find that best deal for the holidays.
Once the mad dash to save cash is over, we ask for a small favor. You shopped ’til you dropped for three days, why not give a little back since you saved some money. Giving Tuesday is the first Tuesday following Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday. It’s a day to encourage giving throughout the nation while people are in the giving spirit during the holidays. Please consider donating funds to the food bank as we need your help to fulfill our mission of feeding the food insecure throughout the Hays County area all year long.
A fun way to give back is to set up your own crowdfunding page through our donation website. Crowdfunding is the practice of funding a project or venture by raising many small amounts of money from a large number of people, typically via the internet.
Follow instructions below to kick off your own crowdfunding campaign!
- Click here.
- Individual if you want to make this your own page for others to contribute
- Multi-participant if you want to allow others to join you and invite their friends to contribute.
- Team Competition if you want others to join you and start a team competition. This is a fun option for companies with different departments that want to compete against each other.
- Once you have selected how you want to structure your campaign page, click next and follow the prompts for the requested info.
- Continue clicking next and filling out the required info until you are prompted to click finish.
- Once you have the page set up, share it via social media and email to all of your friends and family. Ask them to donate and share with their friends and family.
Tips for a successful campaign:
- People Give To People so personalize your page as much as possible. Add your photo, a video and or a good description as to why you are choosing to support the Hays County Food Bank.
- Adding a Sense Of Urgency with calendars and countdowns and creating teams to compete add some fun to the campaign. Set a realistic goal for yourself.
- $1 Buys 5 Meals so even the smallest of donations make an impact.
Have fun and good luck!